Sunday, March 13, 2011

Luck of the Irish

We decided that today we would attempt to take the girls to the Philadelphia Saint Patrick's Day parade. My dad and uncle took me, my siblings and cousins as kids and we absolutely loved it! My father and uncle also used to load up bags of candy and treats and let us eat till we got sick down there. It was great! I hoped Grace and Molly would enjoy it just as much as I did. So we put on their matching St. Patty's Day outfits ( compliments of my shopaholic cousin Katie Coyne ) and headed to the train to meet the Reynolds family. We got down there and stoked out a prime spot in front of the Comcast Center. We danced and sang and took anything they wanted to hand us for the kiddies out of their little pots of gold. Then Ronald McDonald came by on his scooter! We even met a frightening looking leprechaun that scared the parents a hell of a lot more than the kids. The day ended with us missing our train by about 3 minutes and having to linger in the Suburban Station terminal with a very stinky homeless man for about an hour. All and all- it was an awesome day and we had a blast!!! I can't wait till next year!

All Ready to go to the Parade!


Irish Eyes are Smiling! 


Enjoying the parade with some treats!


Anyone for a Happy Meal?
The Frightening Leprechaun
Miss Molly


Best Pic Ever- Compliments of STR!

1 comment:

  1. I have great/distinct memories of going to St. Patrick with dad, uncle terry, and pop pop. it was awesome. epic pics!

    ReplyDelete